Search Engine OptimizationThe Art of Getting Found
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of including key words and phrases in all aspects of your website’s content.
Intentional SEO is critical for search engines (i.e. Google) to find your website and include it in a relative search result.
SEO is so important that is the first stage of our web design.
Key words and phrases discovered in the research process form the outline of the site structure.
But SEO Is More Than Just Keywords
Many factors of a website, besides keywords, are considered in search engine result placement (SERP) and are therefore part of search engine optimization process. The website needs to have…
- Information, products or services that people want.
- Good coding practices – formatting is separated from content with CSS.
- Everything is labeled for blind search engines – niche targeted keyword phrases are used in page titles, headings, links, text, file names and alternate text tags, one keyword / idea per page.
- An aesthetically pleasing design that is easy to navigate.
- A logical conversion path that leads the visitor from browser to buyer, or visitor to fan.
- Current information and new material frequently added.
- A mobile friendly /responsive format.
- Accurate internal links within the site and quality relevant back links.